View Single Post
Old 07-05-2007, 10:39 AM

Default Re: PLO8 Making A Comeback?

From my perspective there are two approaches or signs of growth. One is growth from the bottom up...as in you will see a lot of $25 and $50 tables going. These players steadily migrate up and take shots and the low stakes games encourage players of all types to learn a new fun game. I don't really look at this much, but it doesn't seem to me that any sites have 6-10 of these tables going at once.

The other sign or mechanism would be that there are consistantly at least 1-2 higher stakes games ($1000 buy-in or higher) going at ALL times. These games attract high-rollers who may be lousy players-- which in turn pulls a lot of other high stakes players who know a juicy money making opportunity when they see it. They also draw a lot of the middle level players up-- which creates opportunities for better mid-level games. Lately these games are the exception rather than the rule.

Mostly what I see is a few new-comers playing in the regular 2-3 tables on Full-Tilt or Stars that are packed with die-hard players that have logged hundreds of thousands of hands-- quite a few of which are good high stakes players.

Since I don't think there is much EV at these middle limit tables most of the time, I don't see how the player base will expand from these games.

Just my .02