View Single Post
Old 11-13-2007, 05:06 PM

Default Re: Live tournaments

[ QUOTE ]
My meager piece of advice is, after everyone is dealt their cards, don't look at your cards right away. Instead, watch everyone else as they look at their cards. Don't check yours until it's your turn to act. It's amazing how much information you can obtain this way.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree, everyone does this now so i like to look at my cards immedietly (unless im short and i cant risk missing anything). Reason being is if you look at them as they arrive, you can watch everyone else since almost everyone always waits till its their turn to look now. So now u get to see everyone else look at their hand but they dont see you look and poss give off tells.

Also, count your chips BEHIND your cards, so many people put them out front then try and move them forward only to be caught on a string bet. Pay attention to the action, when u ask who raised it shows ur not paying attention. Other things are pretty basic poker stuff, learn tells like hand shaking and find ways to avoid giving them off. All i can really think of atm