View Single Post
Old 02-23-2007, 01:57 AM

Default Re: People who are overpriced

[ QUOTE ]
True - but as you hint at, this is about making money, not just picking the winner. All any of these people need is a solid performance and their stock will go up (if only for a few hours). Of course, with WSEX's vig, it's hard to make money by riding the short term fluctuations.

I agree that Edwards and Sloan are overvalued (although if Sloan puts together a string of solid performances, she will have a shot at winning).

I don't really think Phil Stacey is overvalued. Antonella is definitely overvalued - in my mind, she's eliminated. I'm not sure what donks here pushed her 0 2 price up to 3 5. Granny's idea of buying some Antonella at 0 2 was probably a good idea, but at 1 3, I don't think it should be touched.

I also think Sundance is overvalued. To me, he has less a chance than Phil Stacey primarily because he has shown multiple times now that he can't really sing (maybe it's nerves or song choice, but in either case, he's not a versatile performer).

[/ QUOTE ]

My point is that its just weird that pepole who realistically have no chance at winning, have values much higher than 0. Sabrina Sloan is the most outrageous, she is probably somewhere in the range of 200-1 or more to win, yet shes 10-1 odds on the site and people are trading with that number in mind!