View Single Post
Old 08-13-2007, 06:51 PM

Default Re: Share your tricks for playing as a single

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
can someone elaborate on what is considered acceptable/unacceptable about playing alone? I never have had any problem playing the course closest to me (I play there pretty much 90% of the time). But I also play right in the middle of the day, during the work week 99% of the time. I didnt realize some places made you play w/ other etc. besides the FAQ, what can I read to learn more about whats acceptable or not?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's just a matter of getting efficient groupings out on the course.

If you've got a single wanting to play on a Saturday morning you have to find a (preferably) threesome to pair the single with.

Obviously you can't send 1 guy out to play on his own in between two foursomes at 9:00AM on Saturday.

Plus, I doubt that many people want to play golf by themselves so it's probably not that big of a deal in the long run.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? I would MUCH rather play alone than with strangers, all else being equal. I mean, of course on a crowded day, I'd rather be paired, so I'm not just standing around. But I'm amazed that on an open course people would rather play with strangers than solo. A course just recently reopened in Austin, and my dad and brother and myself went out. It was about 9:30 on a Saturday and there was maybe one other group at the course. A single comes up and says he would rather play with us than alone? WTF? You could play in 2 hours alone, why would you rather intrude on a family outing. We hung out in the parking lot till he got the hint. So, poll time: