Thread: Ummm. OK????
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2007, 02:20 PM

Default Re: Ummm. OK????

Hello, cameronbarry

I read your post and a hand I played the other day on a slightly lower stakes came to mind.

I was sitting on a stack of about $750. it was a short handed table.

I was delt 10-10

I believe I rasised when it came round to me to about 20 with the stakes being 3/6 or 5/10 I cant remember.

It went around a few players and there was one call, the flop was.

Q-10-Q.

I checked and there was a strong bet, you know of course he had a q, maybe he had q-9.

This is where how I played it differs so much against the player you played there, what am I going to do re-raise him and make him decide against his trips or raise a thought no I let the pot build up, I called, turn brought nothing of interest, maybe a 5- or 8 clubs, I checked again so whats the guy going to do he bets again hard, I call.

river again nothing, I honestly dont remember but it was nothing, no flush, I bet a stupid amount with him having 300 left, I bet like 30, he goes all in and thats all she wrote, thats how you play poker thats how I got maximum value, I am not saying any thing to you or for the player that played you but if that guy did have 5-5 he played it very very very badly in my opion, you could have been led to build a pot you better be thankfull you were not if he had 5-5, you would have lost your whole stack.

Its difficult, personally when I first read your post I put you ahead of the other guy I think HE was respresenting an ace, the odds man for him to have 5-5 in that spot but such an over bet,, tough lay down but overall I think you did the right thing there is other easier money to make than to call that kind of spot.

I would have went on gut feel, if my heart was beating alot and I felt unconfortable I would have let it go if it felt good I would have called, he might have ace king, I can see why you posted it here its an interesting situation I think you saved a lot of money, this looks like a trap hand and your the dick, barry.

good play id say.

Bud