View Single Post
Old 11-25-2007, 02:20 PM

Default Re: preflop checkie cause i have lost every pot in the last 7 days,

ansky,

very standard. i have a few points though.

first, are you auto 4betting this situation? it's standard to 4bet with AK here, but I like to just call behind at least 50% of the time. you are turning your hand a bit faceup (i know do it with QQ+ too), but most people are going to put you on AK/bluff more than big pairs.

4betting in this spot (and any spot) will also increase your volatility considerably. it's not the end of the world to flip some coins with the guy, but if you can play well just seeing the flop then you should try to do that.

AK is a good hand to just call PF here, and then raise his C-bet 2.5-3x (effectively AI) on flops that you miss. you likely will have 6 outs when you miss, and it's going to look very powerful when you are commited to the hand. Yeah, you might not fold out TT+, but you will get just about everything else to fold. Furthermore, after you get "caught" doing this, all you need to do is tighten up and play pretty solidly and you will get paid all day long.

also, you mentioned you are raising every C/O and button so far this match. How loose/aggro are you playing PF? I know you said you haven't been using Ptracker as much lately and you also have been on a sick heater. I know that when i run really well i tend to loosen up way too much PF and i have to make a conscious effort to slow down.

The more you loosen/aggro up PF, the more your (astute) opponents will start to open up as well. This isn't bad assuming you adjust well, but even when you do, you are going to swing all over the place. It sounds like this could just be the downside of the variance that comes with playing the style you are playing.

sorry this was sort of roundabout. just some things to think about.

tc