View Single Post
Old 11-23-2007, 06:12 AM

Default Re: NL 200. TT super deep.

[ QUOTE ]

As played I'd raise to $150 and hopefully he is one of those easily readable types (strong means weak sorts) if he puts a lot more action in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually I don't like raising here because:
1) I have position. I might as well use it. There are 2 streets where hero can see what cards come and hopefully apply some pot control/gain more information about villains hand.
2) Raising the flop would lead into a situation where hero would play for his whole stack on later streets. Even against a super donk like him, playing for 500bb's with TT doesn't feel too good.
3) By raising, hero would reopen the betting on the flop. Villain might reraise with hands that hero beats and this would put hero in a very difficult spot. Raising for information isn't generally a very good idea and in this situation the information is very difficult to interpret.
4) Board is very coordinated. Usually that doesn't mean much when the flop is filled with low cards, but this villain might have easily flopped a 2 pair/straight/good combo draw. By raising hero could put himself into a awful reverse implied odds spot.
5) By just calling, villain might think hero just has 2 overcards and can continue betting with marginal hands.

I'm not sure, but raising here isn't very good idea in my mind. Hero likely has the best hand, but just calling and playing for pot control should be ok. If we were 150 bb's deep I would have no problem raising and getting the rest of my money in asap.