View Single Post
Old 11-13-2007, 08:43 AM

Default Re: Leggo Poker avatars

I received a PM today:

[ QUOTE ]
What are the rules regarding advertising sites in your avatar/title/location? MYNAMEIZGREG has leggopoker in all 3 and i thought that wasn't allowed? maybe i'm wrong. anyway let me know what the deal is, i have my own site and want to advertise in my loc/etc if that can happen. thx

[/ QUOTE ]

and I answered:
[ QUOTE ]

Actually, there is discussion about that in the mods' forum, atm.

The standard rules are that you cannot advertise in your avatar, location, or a post, and you cannot refer readers to your Profile in your location or a post. (Obviously, titles are given by mods, and should not include an ad except in special circumstances, like if the guy is here because he answers for Pokerstars or something.)

Because the leggopoker avatar is "unknown" and doesn't direct people anywhere, plus as the guys aren't making money off the site yet, (so I think I read), plus as they host the HH thingy, it seems theirs is being allowed, so far. I think I read Mat as saying even they would be stopped if they had the www.leggopoker address in the avatar.

I haven't seen the location yet. If it's just leggopoker, that is probably ok, as it is suitably abstract. If it is leggopoker.com, then that is not ok, imo, and I will bring it up in the discussion that I don't think it's ok.

Hope this clarifies matters for you. Please write back if you are unclear, or if I have said anything you feel is incorrect.

Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope this in order in the circumstances.