Thread: bluff catcher?
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2007, 11:48 PM

Default Re: bluff catcher?

[ QUOTE ]
For the hand in question, why didn't you cbet the flop?

Also, given previous action, I'd be very wary about villain's sudden decision to bet out. When a calling station bets out, I give him a lot of credit. Especially when he leads the river after you call his turn C/R.

So I'd say :
1. cbet flop (fold to shove)
2. as played, call turn, fold river

Also, please explain your thinking in the previous hand (3-barreling with air). I understand betting out flop, maybe the double barrel, but 3-barreling when the flush card comes?

If the guy is as bad as his SS might suggest, I'd be much more likely to bet turns and rivers with some sort of made hand, looking to get value from someone who calls too wide.

[/ QUOTE ]

i have lots of answers to all your comments. good post though as it draws out all the thinking involved in this hand!

i didnt continuation bet because there was no point. there were no draws, so i did not need to protect my hand, and there were no worse hands villain would be calling with, so betting would not get me value. i checked to let villain catch/ decide to bluff at me.

i dont especially think we can conclude he is a calling station from one hand, if anything, i think it shows he is sane enough to fold 2nd pair to pressure, but is not good enough to realise i was bluffing. the triple barrel was because villain has a queen there 80% imo

again the reason for not betting i mentioned in the not continuation betting.

finally, don't you think his bet sizing is super suspect? doing it with a king is illogical, and i think my other hand i posted shows he is not crazy, and doing it with a 7 misses value from weak opponents (something that terrifies fish!).