View Single Post
Old 11-09-2007, 03:17 PM

Default Re: AK...fear of commitment

I like the fold myself and I think overall it was played well (stayed under committment threshhold, seemed to have a reasonable plan, let it go with new info)....BUT here is my question...

Are we giving this guy too much credit? I think most if not all of us have read PNL by now as the ideas seem to be permeating a lot of recent posts (I think it is pretty good myself) and based on what I have been reading in these posts we may even be getting a handle on it. How many people who are not 2+2er's have read it / learned it? Are we applying our thoughts on play to other players incorrectly? I was thinking about this the other day and came to the conclusion, THERE ARE CLEARLY STILL DONKS OUT THERE. I am not suggesting this is the case here (again, I think it was played pretty well as is), but I guess I might be throwing out the caution that we should not assume that everyone out there understands committment / pot management / maximization. To me, this looks like a guy who has a medium to strong made hand and is scared to death that he is going to be drawn out on....unless something has happened recently at this table to support that players are willing to call relatively large pot sized raises and he feels he can take 1 or 2 stacks.

As a group, let's make sure we don't personify our opponents to our way of thinking....they just may not be doing it.

Fammy