View Single Post
Old 10-28-2007, 01:14 AM

Default Re: How will the videos help one\'s live game?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Those live sessions came after 4 months of intensive training from a great coach

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG, how many years of winning at 4/8 will it take you to recoup your coaching investment? The few guys I've been able to find that are willing to coach me charge from $1500 (basically 1 day of coaching) to $7000. It would take me the rest of this lifetime and a good chunk of the next one to pay off a 4 month coaching bill playing 4/8.

[/ QUOTE ]

Remember when we were playing the EDF homegame? Here's a couple of pieces of free advice:

(a) Limit. When you have a set of Kings and everyone checks to you on the river. Bet that thing.

(b) No-limit. Remember that hand where you were dealing and you had K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], and open limped on button and almost killed your hand on the river by mixing the river burn card with your hand? (But we agreed to chop and you showed you made a runner-runner flush) It's usually not a good idea to peel the flop with a backdoor flush draw with overs in no-limit. I suspect if you're peeling with backdoor draws in no-limit, you might be doing it improperly in limit as well.

Garland