View Single Post
Old 07-15-2007, 04:37 PM

Default Re: 3 hands... should I raise the river?

i dont think any of these are raises, doing so in any is most likely a spew, atleast in my opinion.

hand 1 i think this guy has air, a set or a flush alot with this line (donking into the pf3bettor) so raising vs that range is bad (pay attention to what people donk with in these situations, people have different tendencies), and if hes got a weak pair he probably folds to the raise occasionally.

hand 2 there are 12 worse sets hed play this way perhaps vs like a million flushes so ur probably still an equity dog against his range since 2 pair or less dont seem super likely. Also I think many players are more likely to cr the flop with those, I always do anyways just about rather than the flush turn, altho if they slowplayed the flop they probably still cr any turn. The rest of the time he probably has like the bare A or Kd and cant call a raise anyways. Once u get 3bet still definitely dont cap, sets are now a bit less likely and again I think u were a dog just vs his first river bet.

hand 3 I thikn ur against a boat or AQ way too often to raise, most villains wont 3bet AK KJ or even AA when u raise the T turn (its well within ur range as well as straights) so his range is mostly better hands.

all of these seem like scenarios where worse hands probably dont 3bet ur raise (maybe a worse set will in hand 2 thinking u wouldnt take this line with a flush) so ur offering up odds to ur opponent since u have to call a 3bet, so generally raising costs u 2 bets behind and gains u 1 ahead so u need to win the corresponding percentage or better to make raising a breakeven play.