View Single Post
Old 07-21-2007, 09:11 AM

Default Re: S8/b - Paternal Twins

First hand--given your characterization of opponent, and the fact that he checked fifth street with a strong board, I think you have a call on sixth. Hopefully, you'll buy help on the river. Failing that, hopefully the other guy will give you a free showdown.

Second hand--even with the high ante, given that a couple of low cards are already in and a couple more are yet to act, folding third wouldn't be terrible. I don't see much value in betting fifth. The other guy is not folding. He may well be free-rolling. I'm having trouble coming up with a hand for opponent where you're favored. I'd check and call.

Since the other guy didn't raise fifth, we can reasonably assume that he doesn't have a made low. He's probably paired up. If you give him two pair and four to a raggedy low, he's about a 4:1 money favorite, and you're only getting 3:1 to call down. If he has a made low with his pair, you're more like a 2:1 money dog. He shouldn't have a low, though, right? Maybe he's got a bad one underneath or something, in which case you're in decent shape. Not sure how all that balances out, but I can see calling down and I can see folding. I probably call down because that's what I do best. Against a good player, I'd fold.