View Single Post
Old 09-25-2007, 02:54 PM

Default Re: Why would online poker sites not rig their games?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Regarding MT2R's post: "Huge" is not a number and is subjective. Are we talking 200 hands? 1000 hands? 2000 hands?

Since you were only dealing with all in situations you made the whole process a lot more complex then it needed to be. That doesn't mean it is necessarily wrong only that it is more complex then it should be. For example why introduce a PRNG when it wasn't necessary? That could be the source of the error right there.

[/ QUOTE ]

hundreds of thousands of allin confrontations

a PRNG was absolutely necessary
there isn't a statistical distribution that was applicable to test against....I had to use a Monte Carlo

I specifically thought allins were rigged--that would be easiest to do and I had noticed something during play--my stats suggest to me, with a decent amount of credibility, that they are

[/ QUOTE ]

What are the numbers and related percentages? If we can get a large enough sample it can be proven whether or not they are rigged. I was speaking to a friend of mine who is in the industry, and he believes there is much too great a chance that there is too much incentive for it not to be rigged.

Personally, I play solely on stars now , and have found it to be legit. However, my results on FT are definitely losing, and very different from anything I achieved on stars, pacific, party, or plain old live. So I always thought that there is some sort of bias there. However, since I only track my money wins and losses, I could never prove that FT is rigged.

Anyway, I digress; my point is really that there is probably enough data to prove which sites are legit and which are scams from 2+2 users. Who can intitiate a project like that? I would be willing to contribute to the right people thru the forums, once they can demonstrate their competency and credibility.

Perhaps we should start another thread for a project like this?