View Single Post
Old 11-24-2007, 02:17 PM

Default Re: How to tell girlfriend about amount of money spent playing poker

Agree that honesty is the way to go here for you.

We have a friend who got married years ago and found out(a few months after they were married)about the several enormous credit card balances that her husband had. She wan't too happy at all. Not good to hide anything like that. It can create huge problems later on.

As for your poker money, as long as you are keeping it completely seperate from your other $ that is good. I keep my poker roll completely seperate and I explained that to my wife. For my sessions I tell her how it went but she doesn't feel the need to ask me the exact amount I won or lost every time. If she asks I tell her. It also helped that I was able to play this year and use some of my profits on things like a hotel room or two, a new ring for my wife and I subsidized my 8 yr olds birthday party with some winnings [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. We sat down and talked and I told her that I really genuinely felt like I could do this for some income supplement. She sees me studying and talking about hands with buds here etc. so she knows that I am serious about it. She also sees that it does not consume my life and I balance out my various activities which is also important. You can also tell her how important it is to have her own indivdual activities to enjoy.

Good luck