View Single Post
Old 10-25-2007, 04:44 PM

Default Re: Post your thoughts on playing weak A3\'s and strong A4\'s.

I only play online and at lower limits than the ones that you mention so my experience may be different than live players.
Weak A3:
If the table has been very aggressive and I am in early position this is a fold. In late position is either a fold or a raise. It depends on my opponents and what kind of hands I think they may have. If I suspect that an early position limper has A2 with some decent redraws, this hand is a fold. Against one or two early limpers that tend to play weak holdings, I will raise with such hand. If I am on the button and it is folded to me, I will raise.
Strong A4:
I would play hands like A4sKK, A4sKQs, A4sQQ and A4sKJs from any position. Sometimes I will just call with such hands and sometimes I will raise. I will also call a raise with such hands. I would like to see what other people think about such hands, because I could be playing too loose. Note that these hands are primarily high hands with a backup low. You can scoop if there is no low and you make the nut high or if someone's low get counterfeited. A lot of times you will win 1/2 of 3 way pot when 2 other players will go for low and you have the nut high.
Weaker hands than the ones above will be treated like a weak A3. For example A4sQ6s that you mention is a borderline hand for me. I will try to steal with it in late position but in early position esspecially against an aggressive table, is always a fold.