View Single Post
Old 01-22-2007, 08:33 PM

Default Re: Where can I play NL in the MN/WI area?

[ QUOTE ]
All this is spot on. But, DDT, I'm sorry to inform you that over the past 4-5 months a regular 2-5 NL game has been breaking out. Some Thursdays after the weekly tournament, but most Fridays and Saturdays (sometimes as early as the mid-afternoon following the noon tourney). Lately, the Friday night 2/5 game has been juiced, action-packed - it goes all night as 1/2ers make runs at the big game.

On the other hand, some of the 1/2 games, have been getting very deep. The other night there was more than $7k in one of the main games.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was only a matter of time before this room took off and started to grow. Glad to hear it. I've been considering moving back to WI, and this is another point in favor of doing so.

I used to go for 3 to 5 days when I could get time off work. I slept in my van in the parking lot, or at the RV campground in the park nearby for $10 a night. I would often play 24 hours straight opening a game in the morning with the local businessmen and playing straight through until they came back the next morning. Good times.