View Single Post
Old 04-21-2006, 09:26 AM

Default Re: Should I go Pro? #132890213 (long)

Another Northeastern alum here. Good thing poker wasnt around when I was in school or else my life would have turned out very differently.

It seems like you still have a a long way to go since your just finishing freshman year but my advice would be finish school while keeping a strict part time poker schedule. Its very easy to say eff school at this stage in your life esp since you are running well but may not be the best idea long term for your future/health.

I played for a living for 3 months in between jobs and did well but there are some types of stresses that come with playing without a safety net which is your college degree/ability to get a job.

Everytime I got in my car I worried what would happen to my bankroll if the person in front of me stopped short and I rammed into her, if I landed awkwardly on a layup and broke my ankle. For that time I was paranoid about alot of things, particularly my health and my bankroll. You should think about these things even though you are still under the security of your family to handle any major setbacks.

All I can think about these days is poker but I have the security of a great well paying and challenging job financing my bankroll. Life is more than poker...think about that when you consider it being your only line of income.