View Single Post
Old 11-08-2007, 12:13 PM

Default Re: Brag: Dr chose me for F&A conference. Beat: he chose me

[ QUOTE ]
UPDATE: (not that many care)

i just got back from the doctors and had 8 doctors (include mine) review my case and discuss options with me.

option 1) get back into an aircast.
option 2) get into a smaller version of an aircast.
option 3) remove inside sesamoid on left foot and hope outside sesamoid improves. if it doesn't, remove outside one on left foot and hope right sesapoid heals. if it doesn't remove that one.
option 4) radical option of drilling into all sesamoids and replacing the marrow w/ marrow from my hip in order to encourage normal blood flow.

after much consideration & debate, we're going w/ the option i'd like to call,option #3. the (highly unlikely) risk is that after both sesamoids are removed in left foot the toe will not be stable and joint will have to be fused. this is bad but will be "highly unlikely." other risks include the metatarsal head of my left big toe getting the same edema w/o the sesamoid shock absorbers. but i can wear a comfy orthotic for that.

so i have to schedule surgery and get that one removed. the doctor (mine) said that "this should get you through ski season" i.e. that i'll be able to ski [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

recovery is about a month and hopefully the non-surgically removed sesamoid will be better after the inside one is removed. if not, onward and upward.

Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

good luck and have fun skiing.