View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 07:20 PM

Default Re: Why Im no longer an ACist

[ QUOTE ]
do u guys think that the move from minarchist to anarchist is an incremental change or a monumental leap in thinking?

[/ QUOTE ]

I considered myself a minarchist for a while before I decided I was an "ACist." I still don't like to label myself as anything, cause all I am is some [censored] on the internet that posts here between poker hands and hasn't thought about this stuff anywhere near as much as many libertarian thinkers. So to call myself necessarily the same thing as someone else is sort of weird. I'm just fortunate that I have a couple really smart friends, and that I found this board with some really intelligent posters on it.

I'd say it was gradual in the sense that it took longer than it should have. Minarchism provides a sort of outlet to be what makes sense to you, but also feel like you don't have to totally reject the terms by which other people think about things. But eventually it just sort of hit me over a 2-3 day period that "AC" was my conclusion, and that I was just mindfucking myself to insist otherwise.

In most cases the difference is probably semantics. However, I would say there are probably a fair number of "minarchists" who do have a drastically different line of reasoning and don't necessarily accept the principles of why freedom works, but just so happen to come to the conclusion that limited government is their preference, for whatever reasons.