View Single Post
Old 09-01-2006, 02:01 AM

Default Re: K10s against lag pf raise..push?

[ QUOTE ]
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t100 (8 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

MP2 (t3760)
CO (t3865)
Button (t11135)
SB (t2285)
BB (t1195)
UTG (t1745)
UTG+1 (t2000)
Hero (t1285)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls t100, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to t500</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t1285</font>, Button calls t785.

Flop: (t2720) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Turn: (t2720) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (t2720) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: t2720

I called with the intention of pushing any flop. But when the button raised it was an easy push for the following reasons.

[/ QUOTE ]

This will be good because that's an easy fold.

[ QUOTE ]
1. this guy has been raising with paint and suited connectors and lots more.

[/ QUOTE ]

That sort of covers everything. Are you saying he was raising every hand?

[ QUOTE ]
2. my stack size. (probably should have pushed pre flop anyway)

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? I think you did the right thing. Limp, hope to get in for a bet, play poker. If you fail, push next time. You still have enough chips not to have to push a K.

[ QUOTE ]
3. I figure he had Ax or middle pair so I was pretty close to or in a coin flip.

[/ QUOTE ]

In (1), you figure he has "paint", suited connectors and lots of other things. Now you think he has Ax or a middle pair.

Dude, you made a bad bet and sucked out. You are justifying it after the fact. It's okay. We all do it.

[ QUOTE ]
Ofcourse he gives me the you're a donk speech and i tell him it was an easy push because he's looser than a whore at low tide and to go hump someone else's leg.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you're a bad winner?

[ QUOTE ]
Thoughts on this? I think under the circumstances it was a pretty good play.

[/ QUOTE ]

The circumstances are you won the hand. In other circumstances, ie, the better hand held up, you'd be thinking it was a terrible play.

By the way, you're 57-43 against TT-66 or any ace except a pair of aces. Your villain was right.