View Single Post
Old 11-18-2007, 07:57 PM

Default Re: NCAAF Rank\' Em (approaching Week 13)

[ QUOTE ]
Oops, my bad...those are the teams Kansas has beaten this year. You guys voting them #1 or #2: do you honestly think they are better than the other top teams, or are you just ranking them there because they haven't lost yet, and that's how the rankings work? I'll give them some respect if they somehow beat both Mizzou and Oklahoma, but today, Kansas wouldn't even crack my Top 10.

[/ QUOTE ]

OU's schedule isn't a whole lot better than Kansas', and no one has been hammering them on it. Yes, KU has played a weak schedule, but IMO it says a lot that they are the only undefeated team in BCS conferences. Not having them in your top 10 at this point would be a little absurd. You'd have them behind 4 two loss teams? Including OU who lost to a Colorado team that KU beat? (just using the AP to judge as teams you may have above them).

While KU didn't have anyone non-conference, it wasn't their fault that their conference schedule was so weak this year, it just worked out that way that their South games were easy. Beating OSU, KSU, Texas A&M, and Colorado on the road has to count for something. Granted, none of those are elite teams.

I don't think KU is the best team in the country, I think they will lose to MU. Still, I think they have handled the cupcakes by wide margins and being undefeated at this point in this crazy year is impressive.