View Single Post
Old 07-04-2007, 06:12 PM

Default Re: ** Event 54: $5,000 +rebuys World Champ. NL 2-7 Draw Lowball **

[ QUOTE ]
Itīs single draw NL. Greenstein won that event in ī04, was a fun table to see. Obv with espn it was highly edited but Barry, Jesus, Lederer, Zolotow, Chau and Lyle Berman at the same table sure made for a fun watch.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe I've seen everything from every WSOP ever broadcast, plus lots and lots of other poker TV, and I think this final table ranks as the most interesting thing I ever saw in that regard. And I don't even play 2-7 Draw.

Favourite moment: when Chau Giang raises an odd amount from UTG (IIRC), and Steve Zolotow just from that can put him on an approximate hand (remember, we're talking *5* hidden cards here). Now, Giang tries to be sneaky and pretend that he placed the wrong size bet by mistake. Lederer then butts in and puts Giang on pretty much his *exact* hand.

Lederer wakes up with a strong hand himself, and opts to play. And from his action, Giang then puts Lederer on *his* exact hand!

It's downright scary to watch.

Lots of other good stuff from that episode aswell, like e.g. seeing Greenstein run over the table with some ballsy big-stack poker.

I believe this episode has never been broadcast, but it was included as extra material on the ESPN DVD(s?) from the 2004 WSOP.

If I could pick *one* event to watch from WSOP 2007, this one would be it. I'd prefer it over the Main Event, HORSE, and the $10k PLO, but sadly it is not part of ESPN's broadcast schedule -- not surprisingly.