View Single Post
Old 11-13-2007, 02:55 AM

Default Re: Vegas PLO8 trip report

[ QUOTE ]
At the suggestion of Buzz, I submit this trip report. To be succinct:

Vegas SUCKED this weekend. It sucked long and hard.

The PLO8 tourney at Binion's Saturday had 17 participants and no cash game before or after. (Last month it had 9 or 10 tables.) The only O8 being played in town was 4/8 (standard), 5/10 at Mirage, 10/20 at Wynn, or 30/60 and 60/120 (mix) at Bellagio.

We did get an interest list of 7 at the Wynn for a 2/5 PLO mixed game, but it didn't go. I believe that it would have if even a few more players were in town.

Apparently, all of the tournaments worth playing were out of town, and there wasn't a sufficient influx of tourist players to keep the games going.

Being short of bankroll and risk-averse, I found a home at the Wynn and made the best of it, and I came home with a small profit to show. But if Vegas were like that every weekend, I wouldn't ever go to Vegas.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was like that 2 weeks ago when I went, although the Binions tourney had about 80 entries. I didn't know about the Wynn game or I would have gone there. I got bored of the Mirage and ended up playing slots as it was more exciting than limit. There was a few 80 buck tourneys at the Orleans as well.