View Single Post
Old 11-15-2007, 09:10 PM

Default Re: Over-betting Aces a good or bad idea?

It depends on the situation and tourny or live. However, in general, I'm not frightened to play this hand. If I get it down to one villian, I'm looking to get as much out of him ot every street as I can, whatever works with this guy. I might even let him see the river depending on the texture of the flop. I usually try to end this hand on the turn.

Making a big bet hoping to win a few chips and run away from having to play this hand post flop is weak. This hand does not come around very often. Deturmine not to lose all your chips with it post-flop but to make as much as you can. Certainly you have to let it go occasionally. But I feel I do better letting the flop come out. How often do you raise preflop and some dolt calls you with JQ or KQ or AQ and hits his top pair on the flop? It's going to take even the best player a few bets to figure out he's beat and the donks just might call a 3/4 to pot size bet on every street.

The longer you let the hand go the more dangerous it gets and the more cautious you have to get. Your hand is best preflop and with each card put on the board it becomes weaker and weaker. My view in general is to end the hand most of the time on the 4th street bet. Usually by 4th stree there is every kind of draw looking at you. Those draws have slit pupils and forked tongues.

Dave