View Single Post
Old 11-24-2007, 02:26 AM

Default Re: Do you want to have children?

[ QUOTE ]
The one thing I have seen is that there does seem to be something 'missing' in people who never have had kids. Not sure if societal pressure just catches up, but I haven't seen many childless couples who have had a blast in life because they could whatever they want.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh I think this is a stereotype - that childless couples must live some sort of globetrotting jetset lifestyle, since they can "do whatever they want".

For the record I'm 39, no kids. My wife and I do not go out "having a blast" every night at nightclubs, fancy restaurants, etc. We like quiet. We enjoy watching tv together. We enjoy reading. We make each other laugh. We are basically a normal married couple - just without kids. Parents probably can't comprehend how we can be happy, living with just each other in a childless house. But we are.

But... sorry Henry but you're coming off kinda silly in this thread. Do you honestly expect a parent to sit and itemize the benefits of having kids, like they are a new car purchase or a mutual fund? Why the hell do I love my parents? After all he's just a civil servant and she's just a homemaker. Nothing particularly noteworthy about them, other than that they're my parents. And yet, I love them. Go figure. Do I need to list the reasons why I love them to your satisfaction? Parents tend to feel a deep love for their children, not sure why you can't just accept that at face value.