View Single Post
Old 03-20-2007, 07:09 AM

Default Re: Question on game theory

It depends on your goal... If your goal was only deception, that is to say if your opponent had to guess your hand (AA or AK) after the action on the flop, and you got points according to wether his guess was right or wrong, it wouldn't really matter how often you raised with one hand or the other, so long as you raised them both with the same frequency. For example, if you raise every time with AA, then the optimal game strategy would also to be to raise all the time with AK.

Raising the AK 5/16 times, so that your raising villian exactly half the time (on average), adds some deception, but hed still eventually figure out that around half (6/11) of your raises are AA but _all_ of your calls are AK... which is to say youre still giving away a lot of information, though more with your calls than raises.

Of course, the real problem is the first condition of the question -- that youll only pfr AA or AK.... once you accept that, its very difficult to add any deception to your post flop play.

[ QUOTE ]
Let us say that I am straight forward, but weak player. Let us assume that I will only pfr AA and AK.

Let us say that on a dry board or draw heavy board, I always raise a bettor in front with AA.

Let us say that if I had AK, I would never raise.

I would therefore be turning my cards face up for a villian who is paying attention to my actions.

There are 16 combos for AK, and 6 for AA. Would it therefore be optimal to play 5 of my AK hands like I would AA? I merely took (16+6)/2 and I get 11. I took this as I should play 11 of my AK normally and screwplay 5 of them?

Is this a valid idea? I understand that we have to mix it up, but I am looking for optimization in a vacuum.

[/ QUOTE ]