View Single Post
Old 11-23-2007, 09:36 PM

Default Re: Amazon Kindle - Electronic Reading Device

This seems fantastic to me. While I dont see myself paying 400 dollars for a first-gen Kindle, what is more exciting to me is to envision all of the possibilities that this type of technology has to offer. As voice-recognition and AI language software gets better and better, we'll no longer need to pay people to narrate books. Instead of holding a book-sized Kindle I can hold an iPod sized "Spark" that will instantly download and read my books to me, all for a fraction of the cost. Combine this with Tablet PC technology and all of my lecture materials for all my classes can be placed on my Kindle, where I can write in notes, highlight and underline things, and basically instead of carrying around a hundred pounds worth of notes and syllabus and textbooks, my entire coursework can fit on this little paperback sized thing.

Combine the iPhone and the Kindle and I've got nearly my entire life all on this single, user-friendly device. New advances in wireless battery charging and remote power means my Kindle never runs out of juice.

Its honestly really exciting.