View Single Post
Old 10-19-2007, 07:10 AM

Default Re: Ask TheMetetron about living in or visiting Buenos Aires, Argentin

[ QUOTE ]
I mostly agree with Meteron about Canitas. It does have some good restaurants (maybe overpriced) and on a Fri/Sat you can't beat the girls, it is ridiculous. But the bars suck hard and most the restaurants are generic.

As far as the Palermos go... Chico shouldn't be included in the subset. It is pretty much all residential. It's the nicest area in the entire city, with blocks of 7 figure houses full of diplomats and old money. I am not sure how to really distinguish Viejo and Soho. Soho (where I live) prolly has better restaurants. Viejo has more resto/bar types with tapas and picadas. Soho (on the North side of Juan B Justo) is developing really fast, so I think the yuppy factor is bigger here, while viejo still has a little of middle class/family with kids feel to it. Bar wise, I am not sure which is better. Viejo has more boutiques and shopping in general. I am def partial to Soho, but that is probably biased.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well... what ppl calls "SOHO" is also Palermo Viejo. Lots of ppl wouldn't understand wtf Palermo Soho is, but in the las five years its been "advertised" that way. That area would be the one surrounding "plaza Cortazar" (formerly plaza Serrano), which after getting trendy it started to be called "soho", because someone had some kind of marketing idea. People living there would find that term laughable very often.