View Single Post
Old 09-25-2007, 03:38 PM

Default Re: Farewell 2+2...My final post...

[ QUOTE ]
More power to you, if you wish to leave, so be it, and it's the forum's problem if they're worse off as a result if it. The mods on this site are like Nazis, it's ridiculous.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is a bit unfair.

The mods do a great job 99.9% of the time. It's amazing the effort and thought they put into an UNPAID position. It's volunteerism at its best.

Occassionally, they'll make some debatable moves. Debatable....even when someone complaints, others agree.

It's rare that a mod move ever has 2/3 opposition.

I don't think we should pile on the mods here. This forum is really good compared to many I read.

We can point out specific shortcomings---ATF forum is good for that. But, to ridicule the mods, in general, is something I disagree with strongly.

Hell, I don't think CMAR had deleted or temp-banned anyone who wasn't a spammer until yesterday. He saw an issue that was becoming hate-filled and he stepped in and did what he thought was right. Some disagreed...some agreed. It isn't a HUGE deal. Mods actually tend to let the flames get pretty far here before they step into the mix.