View Single Post
Old 05-02-2006, 12:43 PM

Default Re: Coping with GOOD luck

i suppose i should clarify my definition of "fish" and "juicy table".

a fish, well, i have my own criteria. bb/100 is a good one, but there are others that are better at determining how much they will lost TO ME. there are "winning" players over thousands of hands who i know are ultimately donators to my stlye. i'll let you figure out how to find these players on your own. bb/100 ain't it.

at the 100s and 200s, a table full of people who are 5 ptbb/100 or less is a good table to me. i take from all of these people over enough hands.

the tables i AVOID are tables like the 400s on weekend mornings. you're often looking at a lineup of a lot of players at the table with 10 ptbb/100 (or so) winrates. the fishy money just gets chopped up between these mofos. they push chips around otherwise.

fwiw, i have to be very careful about table selection. i live in japan, so "prime time" for me is early morning US time. i see a lot more WT nutpeddlers at this time than mornings for me (evenings US time). i might be a bit sensitive to this issue, but i think that my concern is well-placed.