View Single Post
Old 05-02-2006, 11:49 AM

Default Re: Coping with GOOD luck

[ QUOTE ]
Good advice, I do that too. In this case it isn't an amount per se, I've had bigger days, it is the first day of the month and I'd just as soon bank a juicy day than bust up a streak of good play. But unlike you I have I have the option of moving up and scoring bigger (or losing it all back in a hand), so I wonder if I am being lame or losing my nerve in a manner of speaking.

[/ QUOTE ]

there's a lot of very real psychology that applies here. if you want to stop when you're way up, then stop. all of this talk about "keep playing if it's a good game and you're playing well" and "it's just one long session" has some valid points, but these types of platitudes tend to ignore the psychological aspects of poker.

booking a big win gives some people a lot of confidence, while blowing one (or even losing a bit of it) breaks this confidence in others. know yourself and act accordingly.

honestly, go with what works for you. i'd only be concerned if you find yourself booking small wins and big losses. i don't think that's the case for you.