View Single Post
Old 11-25-2007, 02:34 AM

Default Re: Just Got Patrik Antonius Answer To The Question I Asked Kenny Tran

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the problem with this question/thread is that it is in anyone's best interest who has a "spot" on this list to say what the people who create this game would want to hear.

if you were patrik antonius or brandon adams, and you had access to a very juicy game, and telling the rest of the world just how juicy it was and how bad people play might put at risk your invitation to the game and/or cause better players to show up to the game, what would you say??

[/ QUOTE ]

wouldnt they just say no comment then or not post...i dont see how giving a false statement or making a false post would have any more benefit then staying quiet

[/ QUOTE ]

let's say for example, there was a very rich player who liked to play a certain game. let's say that, even though he has lost millions of dollars in the game and the game pretty much only runs that high when he is in town, everyone that plays him calls him "fearless" and "one of the best in the world," and that he is hands down the toughest player to play.

can you see how this would be better than simply saying nothing at all, and how this would prolong his stay at the game, even though he is losing millions of dollars in it?

poker is very much an ego game. the guys that lose a lot of money want to have fun and compete, but they didn't get to where they are in life by being "losers." they truly want to believe they are good and can win, and when they admit to themselves that they have no chance, they will move on to something else.

tc

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, and imagine how many top HS pros would be mad if another HS pro blogged about how bad this huge fish played. Boy I'd hate to be the owner of THAT site......