View Single Post
Old 11-25-2007, 12:12 AM

Default Re: Just Got Patrik Antonius Answer To The Question I Asked Kenny Tran

I remember someone saying they played live with Bld and Bld was as scary live as he his online. Calling guy's hole cards, etc. I'd like to hear his take on this.

Seeing Townsend, Wasika, Adams and Galfond play on HSP was like watching a bunch of unk guys in some random live game somewhere. Except at nose bleed limits. They were no big deal. Galfond looked like scared money. Farha can be a donkey but it was clear that if he was in a pot with any of those, he was the one who'd bet with nothing and take it home. I know Townsend played him live and won at the B.

For a man as young as he, Taylor Caby is obviously a very smart man who sees the big picture of business and life. He's a very impressive success story. Nice to see. I wish him luck. Reminds of a Bobby Baldwin type. A great player who realizes that as great as poker is, there's a bigger world than it and more rewarding in many ways.

Sklansky comes off in these threads like the chump kid in the school yard who runs from one side to the other, telling them what the other side said. All the while hoping to see a fight he doesn't have the stones for himself.

Why doesn't Sklansky just come out and say "Attn big shot online guys. I'll be at the 5 Diamond on x day at x time and want to play xblinds. I'm going to have some big name live guys there. Come on down."

His answer will be that his EV isn't so great in the game so it won't happen. I hear he likes the horses though. Now there's a +EV spot if there ever was one. I grew up within walking distance of Aqueduct. Horses and EV. LOL.