View Single Post
Old 11-19-2007, 07:05 PM

Default Re: **Atlanta Braves offseason thread

What I really want to know is how I got corraled into throwin my lot in with Josh Anderson? The guy is a fourth outfieder and we all know it. Sometimes fourth outfielders are pushed into duty, and if that happens with Anderson, it wouldn't be the end of the world for the Braves. They can make up everything they lose, which is very little, in the Anderson vs Jenkins/Davanon/Floyd debacle by taking that FA money and inking an extra high ceiling draft pick or two then trading a couple of prospects for a big time addition, you know, like Mark Teixeira, at the trade deadline.

Another side benefit, if Anderson runs hot for a couple of months, his value can skyrocket and HE could be the main peice to trade. Everybody knows what Floyd/Davanon/Jenkins are, and they will fetch nothing as far as 2008 help goes.

The more I look at it, the more my original assesment of the situation seems correct. Kenny Lofton and Andruw Jones on one year deals are the only free agent outfielders that make sense for the Braves. I was wrong about one thing. Luis Gonzalez does not make sense.