View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 12:07 AM

Default Re: I will mentor you for free

Apply in this thread with
1. How you are currently improving your game- Well, I just started this month full stacking and this week got a coach (slider- we had a lesson the other day and today I made a video for him) and with a few other good MSNLs I have been having a lot of strat discussion over AIM. I have been watching videos on cardrunners too. I plan to get pretty involved in MSNL because its a great free resource to do wonders to a players game.

2. Your poker goals.
I don't think setting concrete goals such a WRs and hourly $$$ and hands/hr is the way to go about setting poker goals for a lot of obvious reasons. My personal goals are to be able to leave every session knowing I learned something or practiced something particular. A way I do this is by focusing on certain things during specific sessions (like really focusing on 3b sizes for ex). I am not going to sit here and say poker is not about money for me, because it is. Making money is my ultimate goal. I don't like setting a short term $$ goal because of variance. I dont like setting a long-term goal because of simple change (like moving from shortstack to full stack for ex, and ur WR completely changing). Basically, my overall goal is to learn something and stay focused and by that I will be maximizing profits.

3. Your current stakes and past earnings
I have been playing online since December. I started with a $1.50 on Cake Poker and entered a $1 SNG and turned it into $3 and never looked back. I have shortstacked on Cake, FTP, and Stars anywhere between 25NL and 400NL. Before this month, I was at 400NL making like 2+PTBB. This month i started to fullstack and im +10k in 13k hands at 400nl on Cake. My net winnings are 25k+

4. A few examples of good strategy posts you have made.
I haven't really made any good strat posts because I don't feel I have much to offer yet. Like I said, before this month I was SSer and posting would have been pointless.
5. A little about yourself.
I think an important part reason why I deserve this is because I am only 17 and I already am somewhat successful in poker. I think my age gives me a lot of potential. My ability to build a $1.50 shows my determination. Meh enough bragging, i go to boarding school and play soccer, hoops, track, surf.
If you have any questions, feel free to PM me and I can have 2p2rs vouch for everything I said.
Also, something that guys along the lines of "give me examples of strat posts" and "how are you getting better" I just made a 40min video of 4 tabling 200NL today. PM me if you want to see it.
Thanks.