View Single Post
Old 11-20-2007, 11:50 PM

Default Re: I will mentor you for free

1) I have been trying to watch as many free videos as possible available here at 2+2. I learn best by observing and it seems that in order to get my gears rolling on my own I need someone to show me the way. That is not to say that I am not capable of thinking on my own. I’ve been maintaining a site that I try to update pretty frequently with free videos that 2+2ers have posted which has helped me in my growth as a poker player. After each session I do a review and will occasionally post a hand that I need help with. I also enjoy reading poker books/articles.

2) I would like to see myself playing small stakes as a side income in the near future. I would like to feel a lot more grounded in my ability to sit down in any game and play solid poker without fear of losing or making a mistake (these two things really affect my play as I am always more concerned about them rather than focusing on making good decisions). Learn how to deal with breakeven/downswing stretches. Get stronger psychologically during those times.

3) I am currently playing NL25 shorthanded and seriously considering moving up to NL50 by taking shots here and there. I jumped into NL with a $100 deposit at PokerStars in March ’07 and since then turned that into $2,000 (includes bonuses).

4) I don’t think my posts in the strategy forums are that enlightening but I think my strategy to junk post ratio is not too bad. Some recent hands I posted: 1 2 3
(I am under impression you want solid strategy discussion type of posts rather than the mundane, so you can disregard these)

5) I have a full time job and am married. I am in my late late 20s. My wife has a busy schedule and is very supportive of my hobby. I originally deposited $30 to play limit poker in October of ’05 and was pretty successful by turning that into $1500. However, with UIGEA and Neteller troubles had to cash out and take a break until March ’07 when I started playing NL. I am pretty computer savvy (work in IT) and running a website is my second nature.

6) I have played 690 hours since June but I never play more than 4 tables and only get around 12-14K hands a month.