View Single Post
Old 11-20-2007, 12:07 PM

Default Re: Inducing a bluff

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I think your line vs. an unknown doesn't get near enough money in the pot. I think that you should bet the turn, and if you get raised I'd three-bet a lot of guys live.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh?

[/ QUOTE ]

AQ is a huge hand here, so big that worse hands figure to raise you here pretty often. Obviously tempo/player-specific stuff comes into play here, but lots of guys like to take shots when an Ace falls (as they should). And I think some people are overestimating the chances we're beat. Not only are incredibly few hands beating us in the first place, many of those hands raise the flop.

--Nate

[/ QUOTE ]

so, you're gonna fold to a 4bet then? fwiw, i think 3betting this turn is significantly worse than checking it.

[/ QUOTE ]

PokerBob--

Getting fourbet would be anguishing, but it will very rarely happen.

I understand that reasonable people can disagree about whether to 3bet here. I'll say that with my image it's often correct. (Also, sometimes when you're behind you pick up a physical tell and get a free showdown, but that's not a huge EV consideration here.)

The thing to realize is that AQ is a huge hand here, and even more so given that he's just check-called and checked.

--Nate