View Single Post
Old 08-16-2007, 11:17 PM

Default A weird hand with a maniac

I basically have played no poker all month. But I decided to play a bit tonight and ended up on some weird tables and in some weird spots. I'll try to post a few interesting hands from tonight. Here's one (I think).

BB is literally playing at 71/41. He had a 3k stack when I sat down and now he's in the process of donking it off. CO is PoorUser. I figured A8h is too good a hand to fold at this table where everyone is deep and there is a maniac just waiting to give me money. But if I raise, the maniac will probably squeeze and then it's just going to be ugly. So I limp planning to LRR the maniac, basically. Unless a call looks better in the moment. But then PoorUser raises, and the maniac just calls. So I decide to LRR anyways since PoorUser can obviously just be isolating my limp and he'll respect a LRR especially with the maniac acting behind him. OK, plan goes well. Until maniac calls. Now what?

Poker Stars
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $5/$10
5 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
TWP: $1923.50
CO: $2339.25
Button: $779
SB: $2414
BB: $2046.35

Pre-flop: (5 players) TWP is UTG with 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
TWP calls, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises to $50</font>, 2 folds, BB calls, <font color="#cc0000">TWP raises to $250</font>, CO folds, BB calls.

Flop: 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($555, 2 players)
BB checks, TWP...?

Comments on all decisions appreciated.