Thread: 50k HU Tourney
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2007, 12:17 PM

Default Re: 50k HU Tourney

Well, after 50ish emails to FTP and Stars, I'm just about ready to throw in the towel. I have sent one final email to Stars requesting a final yes/no from them, but I'm not hopeful. So, in light of the timing, I propose that we go forth with a self-escrowing solution. Ideally, I'd like to have people not playing escrow but given the large sums of money, that may not be possible. Personally, I would trust several of the people playing with 50K of my own money, but that's not really that important, I guess.

So, I think there are two options. 1 - no escrow: everyone just pays money when they lose to the winner and we work out the amounts so that the final payouts are as we designate or 2 - escrow: we'd have to see how much we're comfortable with anyone escrowing (100k? 200k?) and then line up enough escrows to handle the money. Easiest might be if there were, say, 2-4 people playing in the tourney that everyone else completely trusted with large sums of cash and they could just hold all of the money for the tourney.

Any comments appreciated, particularly from people playing in the tourney. If you want the escrow option, volunteer yourself or suggest other names, and I'll contact them to set it up.