Thread: 50k HU Tourney
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2007, 07:12 PM

Default 50k HU Tourney

Since they are getting into specifics on the 5K tourney in the other thread, I figured it would just be easier to start a separate thread for the 50K tourney now. It looks like it will happen for sure, it's just a question of working out the details. The main sticking point is getting Stars to help us set it up. They told me to let them know when I had 8 players confirmed and they would let me know what they could do for us.

Today, I sent them this

[ QUOTE ]
We have 6 solidly committed players and another 6-8 possibles which will almost certainly yield at least 2 players. But many of the possibles want reassurance that a reliable site will be handling the money and they want to know the amount of juice the site will be charging. If you could provide those pieces of information, I could get the final two confirmed players very quickly. Thank you for your help.

[/ QUOTE ]

and got back this

[ QUOTE ]
Thank you for contacting us.

Please contact us as soon as you have 8 solidly commited players, and we
will submit your request for consideration.

Please do not hesitate to contact us in case you need further assistance.

[/ QUOTE ]

So if people want this to go down, please let me know if you can commit to playing. Currently I have gotten commitments from:
Gift of Gab
durrrr
Alaei
TheMightyZep
evanski
Stinger

Also, feel free to suggest formats, but I think in order to make it as much skill and as little luck as possible it should probably be something like best of 3 200bb or 300bb matches. Maybe finals best of 5? Anyways, let me know if you can play so I can get Stars to work on setting it up, please, if you're interested.

- TWP