View Single Post
Old 10-28-2007, 07:12 PM

Default Re: Bryce is \"In the Well\"

[ QUOTE ]
Bryce, at what limits do think a solid HU LHE player can show a profit without the rake being too oppressive? I guess it comes down to estimating expected winrate versus effective rake paid, but do you have some ballpark numbers?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not 100% sure this is the right answer to your question, but I remember that at 5/10 rake was something like 2.2BB/100 and at 10/20 it was something like 1.2BB/100. At the lower limits it exceeds 3BB/100. Where you're going to make the most money will always depend on the players at the limits and your own skill level. If you were rolled for either and 10/20 players weren't much better than 5/10 players you'd certainly want to run the higher limit, if you could beat the 5/10 players for three times as much as the 10/20 players you might want to run that instead, etc. The important thing to note is that as you move up through the lower limits, even though you may find the action gets quite a bit tougher higher up, you do get a pretty substantial rake subsidy, so you don't need to beat 10/20 as "hard" as 5/10 to show the same winrate.