View Single Post
Old 11-26-2007, 03:01 PM

Default Re: bcs championship game??

[ QUOTE ]
Tom Collins,

I agree with that. I think each conference should have a relatively similar schedule system.

vhawk,

Actually it isn't results oriented. A team shouldn't be able to "vault" itself into a title game if it didn't earn the title game during conference play while a team is at home and is more deserving before the champ game just like a team that is more deserving before a champ game shouldn't lose out b/c it has to play 1 more tough game while a team sits at home. This isn't results oriented, it is common sense. I am advocating against the Conf Cham game is all, I mean every Big XII coach petitions to the Bix XII commissioner to do away w/ the conf title game after each year b/c it sucks but it brings in money--the only reason the Bix XII introduced the title game was b/c they saw how well the SEC title game did.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just dont get all the focus on one single game. Its just a conference game. What is inherently unfair about Big 12 teams playing a tougher schedule than Big Ten teams? If tOSU played Michigan a week later and on the same weekend as the conference championship games, would that make it better? The only reason the Big12 teams have a chance to vault or sink is because they have scheduled tougher opponents, albeit they scheduled tougher opponents against their will or whatever.