Thread: The Rivalry
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2007, 04:58 PM

Default Re: The Rivalry

[ QUOTE ]

How can you logically say that OSU/UM would be with the likes of Vandy/Ole Miss in the SEC

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I was doing a thing called exaggerating. Apparently it flew over your head.

[ QUOTE ]
I am fairly certain OSU/UM would rise to the top of any major conference pretty quickly if they moved (as would teams like USC, Oklahoma, Texas, etc.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Ofcourse they would. They all have so much history to go off of that it'd be virtually impossible to keep them in the middle ranks for long. With that much history, recruiting would basically be fairly easy and I would expect them to be doing good in every conference or w/e.

I'm only saying that people saying this is the greatest rivalry in college football BECAUSE they're always the top 2 teams in the Big Ten and thus are always ranked really high and thus have NC implications every year have flawed thinking (pretty sure that was a run-on.) All I'm saying was that if they were in a maybe tougher conference, they'd be "exposed" and thus wouldn't be in the NC running every single year. Hope that makes sense.