View Single Post
Old 10-11-2007, 05:16 PM

Default Re: mandatory mental health evaluation for gun-rights supporters

They're not sending him to the Gulag. You and other ACists are very quick to use words without much care to their meaning. Do you know what the Gulag was? Suspending a student or getting a student a mental health evaluation is not the Gulag.

Further, this kid needs a mental health evaluation and should have been suspended. Consider:

"there may be people on the edge ready to snap. I cant say I blame them, I myself am tired of having to pay my own extremely overpriced tuition to make up for minorities not paying theirs. On top of that, I am sick of seeing them held to a different standard than the white students (Of course its a lower and more lenient standard)."

This is a kid who "can't blame" other people on the edge who might snap. He insinuates that he is one of them, as he follows that comment with "I myself . . ." And then he follows that with "On top of that . . ."; in other words, he is beyond ready to snap. He is a racist with guns ready to snap.

His second email confirms this:

"I was wondering why a swastika painted by some frustrated ladies in their bathroom turned somehow into red flags of a hate crime"

Somehow? This kid needs to be kicked out of the university: "More people than you can imagine are tired of this all. It’s just sad that they resort to petty vandalism rather than speak their mind like I am."

Note I said kicked out of the university. Not sent to the Gulag.