View Single Post
Old 11-30-2007, 01:06 AM

Default Re: Just for the fun of it! (Beats)

[ QUOTE ]
Is it really? This happened sometime around 2001 at Foxwoods in CT. I wrote several articles at the time for Poker Digest. This was submitted by me to June Fields, publisher at the time. Without warning, the Mag went under and I never heard a word for weeks.

Finally, I got a letter from someone handling the legal affairs. At the time it was said the copyright to it was the temporary property of the court. I never heard another word. A few months ago I was advissed by my attorney that I would be the copyright holder.

Obviously, no one can copyright an idea or known story, but I never heard anythin more about the hand for many years. I'd be curious to read the excerpt in the book because this happened in a small local NLHE and I'm sure TJ or McEvoy weren't present.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, well I guess it could have happened again somewhere else. In Cloutier's version it was definitely quad tens, and the other guy who had TT and folded had his hand reshuffled into the deck and the guy caught runner runner quads. I can't remember if his opponent flopped quads though. I haven't read it in a while, but I seem to remember Cloutier being on the bad end it and losing the pot, but I'm not sure.