View Single Post
Old 11-18-2007, 05:51 AM

Default Re: What don\'t you get ? It does not take a genius.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

JamieO and others who are soooo upset about this outrageous rake, I assume you must take a lot of your play to WPEX then?

[/ QUOTE ]

I assume you have not read the thread much huh? we have already talked about wpex.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ummmm, wrong. I have read the entire thread. I didn't ask if you had discussed it, I asked if you were playing there since you're so unhappy about the rake elsewhere.

Here's the thing...the poker sites have MANY levels on which they can compete: software, customer service, cashout options, player base, rake. The reason other sites aren't being crushed by WPEX is likely that they are being beaten in several other areas. Stars doesn't need to offer 75% RB because players believe Stars is better than WPEX in many other areas. AP offers a much better RB/bonus combo than FT and Stars, but they are being buried...and this was previous to the cheating scandal. There is competition, and Stars is winning.

Of course you may argue that just because Stars is winning doesn't mean they couldn't do better. Perhaps if they lowered their rake in combination with all of their other competitive advantages they would do even better? It seems to me that Stars is already exploring this with their SNE program. I would think they would prefer offering more player rewards if they were going to do anything.

WPEX has proven that marketing "higher rakeback" doesn't work that well, and I think "lower rake" would be a poor idea as well. What sounds better to a fish: "we take less" or "we give you more"? Also, player reward programs allow sites to target the incentives where it makes them the most money. Lower rake does not. I think you'll see sites continue to compete by tweaking their reward systems, NOT by lowering their rake.