View Single Post
Old 11-15-2007, 06:48 AM

Default Re: How do people work out Ev to such an exact extent??

[ QUOTE ]
Sometimes i see posts where people say yes you should call you have positive Ev. Now I understand that this means in the long run you will win money if you make this decision.

However I have seem people work this out after saying I think he would only raise with these sort of hands like big pairs and Ak Aq and then work out a percentage as to what he might have and their chances of winning. Now on earth do you work this all out in 10 seconds.

[/ QUOTE ]

Some people (5%?) here have done EV calculations for different scenarios so every time they see a hand, they recognize what the best play is because they have done those kind of calculations before. Other (95%?) think that they know what they are talking about but they don't.

Read CTS's old blog for examples of EV calculaton and hand analysis. It's better than 90% of poker books writen.
[ QUOTE ]

Is it possible to be so accurate with your Ev estimations???

How do successful players work out when to call or fold in difficult situations???

[/ QUOTE ]

Not always. But if you try to estimate your EV as close as posible, then mistakes you make will cancel each other in a long run and you will end up with correct EV on average.