View Single Post
Old 10-08-2007, 04:35 AM

Default Re: **2007 AFC South Thread**

[ QUOTE ]
Damn travel, didn't get to post much today, but wow, 4-0 week for the AFC South. At this point I'm starting to wonder if we'll get both wild cards.

Cody

[/ QUOTE ]

The only reason why we wouldn't is that we'll give each other too many losses from head-to-head competition. Who else is there? Obviously no one in the AFC East.

Baltimore hasn't played one truly impressive game yet. They have two last-second wins against bottom-feeders and a close win at home against Arizona whom I think will make the playoffs so I guess that was a decent win. Cleveland is an OK team, but I don't see them getting more than 8 wins.

In the AFC West I still think San Diego is really good and they'll bounce back to go 10-6 or so. No one else in the division is better than any AFC South team IMO, although Oakland is playing pretty well and could challenge for a Wild Card.

Indy and Jacksonville both looked awesome yesterday. Didn't catch the Tennessee and Houston games, but they're both on NFL Replay so I'll watch them this week. Houston has struggled against two pretty bad teams but they're hanging around with a lot of injuries which is all you can ask for. Right now I think Tennessee and Jacksonville are the favorites to get Wild Cards, but it's close enough that if Houston beats Jacksonville next week, they'd pass them.