Thread: AJ, my favorite
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2006, 06:04 PM

Default Re: AJ, my favorite

[ QUOTE ]
Is the flop bet poor b/c of the number of other people in the hand? For instance if there were only 2 other people in the hand would a continuation bet be all right here?
I guess this is an auto c/f?

[/ QUOTE ]

Against 2 opponents I almost always bet, unless the board comes down really bad. Example: If I have AK on a J98 flop, im not betting against 2 opponents. Against 1 opponent I always bet. Against 3 opponnets most of the time I check, but on the right boards against the right opponents I will still bet. Example: If I had AJ on a Q54r flop against decent players I would bet. Against 4 opponents or more I almost never bet unless I think theres a decent chance my unpaired hand may be the best hand. For example: If I had AJ on a 882r flop I would bet against 4/5 opponents cuz theres a high enough probability that I could have the best hand. I will also sometimes bet into 4 opponents or more if I have two overcards to the board and I am last to act and I stronly believe I will not get checkraised on the flop and I will get my free card on the turn. This situation almost never happens online so its not worth talking about, but in some of the real life passive game where nobody knows how to play, this strategy can work.

If I were teaching a beginning player how to play overcards after raising preflop, I would just tell him, always bet against 2 opponents or less, always check against 3 opponnets or more. This strategy is certainly not perfect becuz poker is not this mechanical but it would be right more often than not.